Vocal Repertoire: Adult Class
If you have been singing for a while and wish to expand your solo repertoire, get ready to audition, or just get back into singing shape, this class is for you! You will choose three songs from a given list, which will include selections across varying musical styles and languages. There will be selections for all voice types represented on the list.
The first four weeks will be focused on picking the right repertoire for your voice, vocal technique, language pronunciation, and memorization. The following weeks, you will refine musicality, interpretation, and work with an accompanist. The final class session concludes with a performance where each student will perform one of their pieces for family and friends!.
Students should be at an intermediate to advanced-intermediate singing level. Prior experience with a vocal instructor is encouraged.
Number of Sessions:
Duration of Each Session:
Mondays, 8:30 – 9:30 PM
- Session 1 – Monday, May 1st, 8:30 – 9:30 PM
- No Class on Monday, May 8th
- Session 2 – Monday, May 15th, 8:30 – 9:30 PM
- Session 3 – Monday, May 22nd, 8:30 – 9:30 PM
- No Class on Monday, May 29th. Happy Memorial Day!
- Session 4 – Monday, June 5th, 8:30 – 9:30 PM
- Session 5 – Monday, June 12th, 8:30 – 9:30 PM
- Session 6 – Monday, June 19th, 8:30 – 9:30 PM
- Session 7 – Monday, June 26th, 8:30 – 9:30 PM
- No Class on Monday, July 3rd. Happy 4th of July!
- Session 8 – Monday, July 10th, 8:30 – 9:30 PM
- Session 9 – Monday, July 17th, 8:30 – 9:30 PM
- Session 10 – Monday, July 24th, 8:30 – 9:30 PM
Session 10 is the Class Showcase! Friends and Family welcome!
3 – 5 Students
Students should bring to each session: a pencil, a 3-ring binder for music, and a re-fillable water bottle.